Comment on page
Bringing Stacks and Channels together and filter out the noise for your teams.
In this guide, we will explore how to create, configure, and manage alerts within SecAlerts. Alerts are a critical component of SecAlerts, enabling you to send notifications to specific individuals or teams within your organisation based on predefined criteria.
Alerts provide a range of features to help you effectively manage your notification and alerting processes:
- 1.Descriptive Naming: Assign descriptive names to your alerts for easy identification in a list of other alerts.
- 2.Software Stacks: Associate alerts with specific Software Stacks to filter and customize the data included in the alerts.
- 3.Filtering: Define criteria for the data you want to receive in the alert, including specific software versions, CVSS scores, vulnerability types, and more.
- 4.Advanced Query Options: Choose between Visual and Code mode to write advanced queries for precise alert criteria.
- 5.Notification Channels: Select the channel(s) through which alerts will be sent.
- 6.Frequency Control: Choose how often alerts should be sent, including options like Instant, Daily, Weekly, Fortnightly, or Monthly.
To create and configure alerts in your SecAlerts account, follow these steps:
- 1.Log in to your SecAlerts account.
- 2.Navigate to the "Alerts" section.
- 3.To create an alert, you have two options:
- Quick Start: Use the Quick Start feature to streamline the alert creation process by entering software and notification details in a single form.
- Manual Creation: Select "Create New Alert" to manually create an alert. This method allows you to configure Stacks, Filters, and other settings in detail.
- 4.Regardless of your chosen method, begin by providing a Descriptive Name for the alert to identify it easily in a list of other alerts.
- 5.Before creating an alert manually, you will need to create at least one Stack and one Channel.
- 6.Configure the Stacks and Filters:
- Stacks: Choose the Software Stacks that you want to associate with the alert. You can add multiple Stacks.
- Filters: Define specific criteria for the data you want to include in the alert, such as software versions, CVSS scores, vulnerability types, and more.
- 7.Use the toggle to specify whether you want vulnerabilities that have been published since the last alert or both published and modified vulnerabilities since the last alert.
- 8.In the next section, select the Notification Channels through which the alert will be sent. You can add multiple channels to a single alert.
- 9.Choose the frequency at which alerts should be sent: Instant, Daily, Weekly, Fortnightly, or Monthly.
- 10.Click the "Update Alert" button to save the alert configuration.
After creating alerts, you can manage and track them using the following features:
- Edit: Use the "Edit" link to make changes to the alert configuration.
- Query: Access the Query feature to view and edit the advanced queries associated with the alert. This will show you vulnerability results of the query.
- History: Review the history of triggered alerts to track past notifications and actions.
Alerts are a fundamental tool for keeping your organisation informed about software vulnerabilities that matter most. By following the steps outlined in this documentation, you can create, configure, and manage alerts to suit your organization's specific needs and stay ahead of potential security risks.