Comment on page
In this guide, we will explore how to effectively use Scans, which allow you to collect software information from your local network and send it to SecAlerts for analysis. Scans are a powerful tool to help onboard your software assets to SecAlerts.
Scans offer several key features to assist you in managing your software assets:
- 1.Independent: Scans are independent of Stacks, allowing you to collect software data without needing to organise it immediately into Stacks.
- 2.Script Generation: You can generate cURL scripts to execute scans from your local environment.
- 3.Query Code: Access the Query feature to view and customise the query code related to the scan results.
- 4.Audit Functionality: Review and select software detected by the Scan to add them to relevant Stacks.
To create and manage Scans in your SecAlerts account, follow these steps:
- 1.Log in to your SecAlerts account.
- 2.Navigate to the "Scans" section.
- 3.Click on the "Copy" link to copy the curl script.
- 4.Run the curl script locally.
- 5.Return to the "Scans' section and refresh the page, you should now see a new scan in the list.
- 6.You can now choose to:
- 1.Merge the scan results into an existing stack
- 2.Replace an existing stack
- 3.Create a new stack with the scan results
- 4.Delete the scan.
After performing a Scan, you can access the results and take actions as needed:
- Merge the scan results into an existing stack
- Replace an existing stack
- Create a new stack with the scan results
- Delete the scan.
Once you have added or created a new Stack with the scan data, you can audit the software that was collected by navigating to Stacks and choosing the Audit option on the Stack.
SecAlerts strives to provide comprehensive software data through scans, but the resulting list of software can be extensive. Here are some ways to manage Scan data effectively:
- Prioritisation: Focus on the most critical or relevant software assets first when reviewing scan results.
- Custom Stacks: Create custom Stacks to categorise and organise software assets based on your organization's needs.
- Regular Scanning: Schedule regular scans to keep your software inventory up to date and monitor changes over time.
SecAlerts Scans are a valuable resource for collecting software information from your local network and sending it to SecAlerts for analysis. By following the steps outlined in this documentation, you can create, manage, and utilize Scans to enhance your organization's software asset management and security practices.