Comment on page
In this guide, we will explore how to effectively manage users within your organisation's SecAlerts account, including inviting users and defining their roles to control access to specific properties.
SecAlerts offers three distinct user roles, each with specific privileges:
- 1.Owner: Owners have the highest level of access and control within an organisation's SecAlerts account. They are equivalent to Admins in terms of access privileges and settings configuration. There must be at least one owner for every organization.
- 2.Admin: Admin users have the authority to access all properties and configure settings within the organisation's SecAlerts account. They play a critical role in managing the account and its users.
- 3.Member: Members have restricted access compared to Admins. They can only access properties to which they have been granted access by Admin or Owner users. Members are primarily focused on monitoring and responding to alerts within their designated properties.
To invite users to your organisation and specify their roles, follow these steps:
- 1.Log in to your SecAlerts account as an Owner or Admin.
- 2.Navigate to the "Users" section.
- 3.Click on the "Invite" button.
- 4.Provide the following information for the user you wish to invite:
- Email Address: Enter the email address associated with the user's SecAlerts account.
- Role: Select the appropriate role for the user (Admin or Member).
- 5.Click the "Invite" button.
The invited user will receive an email notification with an invitation link. Once they accept the invitation, they will gain access to the organisation's SecAlerts account with the specified role.
After users have accepted invitations, you can further manage their access within the organisation:
- Property Access: Admins or Owners can grant access to specific properties for Member users. This allows you to control which areas of your organisation's SecAlerts account each user can access.
- User Removal: As an Admin or Owner, you can remove users from the organisation if they no longer need access. This action will revoke their access to all properties within the organization.
Effectively managing users and their roles within your SecAlerts organisation is crucial for maintaining security and ensuring that the right individuals have the appropriate level of access. By following the steps outlined in this documentation, you can invite users, assign roles, and control property access to tailor your organization's SecAlerts experience to your specific needs.